Saturday 19 April 2014

War Movies


I know that these are not all the greatest war movies of all time. There are a ton of these movies out there and someone will argue that those are fifty times better than my choices, but these are my favorite. They are listed below, but first here is my reasoning. I prefer newer pictures because of the technology used compared to the old. The new up-to-date technologies that are used to make movies these days make them look that much better. The better the use of special effects the more realistic the movie looks. If I watch a war movie from the 60’s it is not the same as watching one that would come out today. That is my thinking, no offense to the classics that’s just my thinking and I am sure I am not alone. These three movies I would watch over any others.
3) We Were Soldiers: This movie portrays the Vietnam War and stars Mel Gibson. It is about a group of soldiers, led by Gibson, who you follow from training into battle. This movie is pretty much all action and has some good stories mixed in. The main reason I like this movie is the action scenes and how reality sets in when you watch of what they went through. It’s hard to believe that this stuff actually happened.
2) Blackhawk Down: This movie has a plethora of stars that make an appearance. The movie is about tension in Somalia where they are trying to overthrow a corrupt leader. A group of soldiers go in on a mission, but get stranded. The soldiers have to try to make it through the night. While they wait for backup to arrive. I like this movie because of all the action throughout the whole movie. Also, it portrays, at least to me, the struggles that are happening all over the world and how sad it actually is globally.
1) Saving Private Ryan: For those who haven’t seen it, it is about a small select of soldiers who have to go on a mission to find a soldier with the last name Ryan. They have to bring him home because his brothers have passed and the war and want to him to return home for his family. The whole movie is about the struggles the small group faces finding Ryan. This movie is great all around with everything, the acting, the plot, and the action scenes. This is the best war movie ever to be made in my opinion.